Friday, June 26, 2009

The final word on truth

Since it seems that I have started, although quite unintentionally, a blog mini-series on truth, I thought I ought to perhaps tie it up with a third post to close out. Except that as I pondered it, it became very obvious that I myself am not the author of, nor an absolute authority on truth. So, perhaps the last words on truth in my series needn't be mine.

I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality. This is why right, temporarily defeated, is stronger than evil triumphant.
- Martin Luther King, Jr.


Truth is such a rare thing, it is delighted to tell it.
- Emily Dickinson


If you don't read the newspaper, you are uninformed; if you do read the newspaper, you are misinformed.
- Mark Twain


It is one thing to show a man that he is in error, and another to put him in possession of truth.
- John Locke


And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free
- John 8:32 KJV

0 comments: