Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Hamburgler

Now I don't go to McDonald's for food much. In fact, I don't really even like their food since I grew old enough to be too embarrassed to order myself a Happy Meal. An occasional morning caffeination run, sure - I'll do that. It's cheaper than Starbucks and their foo-foo stuff is tasty enough. But sometimes... sometimes I just have to have their fries. I really don't eat fries at restaurants much anymore. But with McDonald's it's different. I dunno whether it's because they fry 'em in beef or what, but for some reason about 4 times a year I just have to go order me up some Micky-D's fries. Unless they over-salt them (which admittedly does happen way too often) you just can't go wrong.

But then, you're at this one-hit-wonder of a fast food joint, and you ask yourself - what sandwich do I want with my tasty golden fries from heaven? Up until recently, for me, the choice has been easy - the Big 'N' Tasty. It was a reasonable burger with fresh ingredients and had actual VEGGIES on it for a good price. But now, this gigantic, bland, monstrosity they call an "Angus Burger" has taken over the menu. The last two quarters when I had this craving, I hoped I was just in some test market where this angus burger crap would fail miserably, and the B'N'T would come back. But alas, no. My fries are destined to travel to my stomach without a suitable partner.

Perhaps it's time to finally time to call this whole thing off. Tomorrow, it's back to Subway, or Chipotle, or Panera with their yummy greek salad. And in 3-4 months when I feel this craving for fries again, I'll try to remember how the Hambugler stole my tasty side order, and I'll not go back. Hopefully. Of course, that's much easier said than done with a belly already full of fries.

5 comments:

Beth Mc3 said...

or you could just pack. (yee gads!) There's some really tasty enchiladas in the fridge and salad grown right here at home too. I am much more reliable about not over-salting too.

mattmc3 said...

On a completely non-related train of thought - That reminds me that I need to figure out how block certain people from reading posts with certain tags. Hmm...

truist said...

I completely agree about the Big N Tasty - back when I wasn't vegetarian, anyway. It was "my sandwich" at McDonald's. Plus the fries. Including the salt. Mmmmmm.....

Beth Mc3 said...

hey now.

Beth Mc3 said...

hey now.