Saturday, January 2, 2010

Recently... 1-2-10 ed.

In the spirit of blogging more, here's a list of some of the things I've been tuned into:

  • What I'm reading:  The Peace Maker, by Ken Sande
  • What I've been watching:  Beth and I just finished up DVR-ing and re-watching all the old episodes of Frasier.  Now I have to find something new.
  • What I'm listening to:  I've been downloading a lot of music from Amazon's MP3 store, and one of my new favorites is Big Daddy Weave.
  • Recent Podcasts:  HowStuffWorks.com has zillions of great Podcasts.  Also, of course, Hanselminutes and .NET Rocks.  I've also got a bunch of NPR stuff, and This American Life at the recommendation of my neighbor, Jos.  All of it's free (but This American Life is only free for the latest episode).
  • Recent movies:  I DVR-ed Cinderella Man - good, but pretty brutal... the movie preferred the term pugilistic.
  • Recent RSS additions:  Bing and Newsvine both have local news feeds, which are GREAT!  Then there's TechDirt, Los Techies, and Devlicio.us which make great additions to my old standbys of Slashdot and Ars Technica.
  • Recent Games:  Just finished World Of Goo for the Wii.   Now I am puzzling through the OCD challenges for all the levels.  Really fun stuff.
  • Best Satire - Hot Air suggested a modest proposal that we should be entitled to government funded legal care too.  Brilliant!
  • Best Event of 2010 so far - The Rose Bowl!

0 comments: