Thursday, March 25, 2010

You think it's easy being the Tooth Fairy?

I had one of those - "I'm the worst parent in the world" moments this morning.  Ian lost his fourth tooth yesterday after days of working on it.  He bravely let me pop it out with some floss.  He was so excited.  He phoned everyone.  Then, I let him download one mp3 (he chose the Spiderman theme song) as a reward for his bravery.  After all the hoopla and celebrating, he went to bed with a ziplock bag under his pillow.  And he woke up this morning... with a ziplock bag under his pillow.  Oh God help me!  I raced into his room hoping he was still asleep, but alas... with quivering chin he surmised that the tooth fairy had forgotten him.  I showed him a $1 bill, and told him that I actually found it under my pillow.  "You see Ian, the tooth fairy thought that I had loaned you the money to buy your mp3 yesterday, so she gave me the dollar thinking you were going to pay me back.  She's so silly - she didn't know that the mp3 was a gift."  He smiled, and then we both laughed.  Laughed at the worst... tooth fairy... ever....